Tri-County Green Hero
The Tri-County Green Hero is a campaign to recognize community members, neighborhoods, businesses, schools, churches or other organizations making a difference in Woodford, Tazewell and Peoria Counties in promoting sustainable and green practices at home and work.
Award recipients will be recognized on WMBD during their monthly feature of “Tri-County Green Hero of the Month,” receives recognition plaque to display, and highlighted on the Tri-County Green Hero page found on www.healthyhoi.com
how to be a GREEN hero:
- Increase recycling efforts
- Compost Food Scraps and other materials
- Conduct a Food Recovery Project by donating healthy foods to local food pantries or soup kitchens
- Conduct litter pick up drives in your neighborhood, parks, river
- Implement water and energy savings initiatives
- Create a wellness policy for dedicated improvements to health for employees and community
- Provide a tobacco free environment for customers and residents
- Purchase locally grown and made products to increase spending power and reduce transportation emissions
ARE YOU A GREEN HERO?
January - Spring Lake School. Please check out this month’s winner.
November - Amanda Russ - TCRC Community Food Service Supervisor
December - Dunlap Middle School Green Team