- Our Services
- Environmental Health
- Tazewell County Green Initiatives
- Tri-County Green Hero
Tri-County Green Hero
The Tri-County Green Hero is a campaign to recognize community members, neighborhoods, businesses, schools, churches or other organizations making a difference in Woodford, Tazewell and Peoria Counties in promoting sustainable and green practices at home and work.
Award recipients will be recognized on WMBD during their monthly feature of “Tri-County Green Hero of the Month,” receives recognition plaque to display, and highlighted on the Tri-County Green Hero page found on www.healthyhoi.com
Campaign Partners: WMBD, TCHD, WCHD, Peoria County Sustainability Department
how to be a GREEN hero:
- Increase recycling efforts
- Compost Food Scraps and other materials
- Conduct a Food Recovery Project by donating healthy foods to local food pantries or soup kitchens
- Conduct litter pick up drives in your neighborhood, parks, river
- Implement water and energy savings initiatives
- Create a wellness policy for dedicated improvements to health for employees and community
- Provide a tobacco free environment for customers and residents
- Purchase locally grown and made products to increase spending power and reduce transportation emissions
ARE YOU A GREEN HERO?
Tell us about your efforts and be recognized as a Tri County Green Hero or nominate someone else. Nominations are accepted by the 15th of each month. The nomination form is available online or contact the Tazewell County Health Department for more information: firstname.lastname@example.org
- To promote those entities making a difference in saving energy, improving the environment, providing healthy foods to people in need or diverting food waste for food recovery and composting.
- To encourage others to initiate green strategies for their places of work, churches, schools, neighborhoods and homes.
- To drive the community to healthyhoi.com in order to increase collaboration, education and awareness of issues impacting our health and communities.
January - Spring Lake School. Please check out this month’s winner.
November - Amanda Russ - TCRC Community Food Service Supervisor
December - Dunlap Middle School Green Team
October - Sous Chef
November - Pekin Insurance. Please check out this month’s winner.
December - Better Earth Logistics